This gives people access to treatments that diagnose and address the cause of allergies, not just the symptoms right here in Gisborne.
Conditions treated include:
- Allergic asthma
- Allergic Contact dermatitis
- Allergic rhinitis (hay fever)
- Anaphylaxis from all causes (foods, drugs, insect stings, etc)
- Drug Reactions (Allergic & non-allergic)
- Food Allergies & Food Intolerance
- Latex Allergy
- Occupational Skin and Lung Diseases
- Urticaria (hives)
- Venom Allergy
Allergies range from the mild and transient to the chronic and disabling. In some patients reactions can be acute and life threatening.
The Auckland Allergy Clinic is committed to the providing both adult and child patients a high quality private sector diagnostic and management service for patients and referring doctors.
The Auckland Allergy Clinic is the longest established private allergy clinic in Auckland, New Zealand. Established in Remuera, in 1994, the clinic moved to Jervois Road, Herne Bay in 2000, and is based on scientific, evidence-based medicine.
Investigation and treatments used include:
- Skin prick tests to all standard allergens
- Blood Tests
- Elimination Diets
- Blinded Food & Drug Challenges
- Patch Tests to all Standard Chemical Allergens
- CT Scans & X-rays
- Avoidance Protocols
- Desensitisation / Immunotherapy
- Drug Therapy
All our methods of investigation and treatment are recommended by The Australasian Society of Allergy & Clinical Immunology (ASCIA) and The American Academy of Asthma, Allergy & Clinical Immunology (AAAA&I), of which our Allergists are members.
Patch testing left on for three days Results are positive for certain allergens if a raised reaction is present